Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mt Cootha you sly pile of rock you

I have never noticed how steep Mt Cootha is, let me tell you, it is steep.

I have had a cold for around 4 days now and was not feeling the best on Friday yet still wanted to go for my Saturday weekly long ride.

I rode 20 km to Mt Cootha along the centenary bikeway, so I was already warmed up so sadly I cannot blame that. As I was riding up I stopped and unclipped my pedal, My friend Lara continued to ride while I stood on the side of the road and got ready to turn around, yet I saw her get to a sign around 50m higher then I was, just about when I was going to start to go down I did a 180 turn and started to pedal up the hill with one foot clipped in, continuously trying to clip my other foot in, after about 20 attempts, I heard the lovely clip sound and pushed myself to get to the same point Lara did, this was due to my pride and I didn't want to think back on the day knowing I could have tried harder. 

After Mt Cootha we headed through the back of toowong as I was on a hunt for a cafe, we rode along the river bike path all the way to QUT, I had never been on this path before and it was really beautiful, we went along the Goodwill bridge to Southbank where we had smoothies and eggs at a cafe on grey st. We then came home via Coronation drive through UQ then over the Green bridge to Fairfield and then continued home through the back of Graceville. 

I felt great while riding, yet later when I got home I got a headache as my body was pissed off at me, and rightly so, we are finally coming to an agreement and I'm feeling better now. 

The Stats I have from the ride do not entail the complete ride as I turned off my tracker part way, yet it has a majority of the ride. 
I spilt it into two rides, to Mt cootha then from Cootha to home. 

To Mt Cootha-

 



Cootha to home via city-





Our speed on the way home was faster due to less hills and due to a banana smoothie which was AMAZING, everything tastes better after a good ride. 

I may not be able to work tommorrow as I don't want to give the gift of sickness to my Co-Workers, yet I think I'll be up for a ride tomorrow morning. I might go my usual ride through UQ then back through fairfield or I could go to QUT again along the river, depends on how adventurous I feel. 


I am increasing my training, 3 weekday morning rides (20km), and 1 long weekend ride (over 40km). 
I just like to ride and push myself yet don't train using intervals, but I may start after all the rave about them. I like to ride at a high cadence and I don't stand up on the pedals much but may need to try that more so when I need to I have a better style. I have alot to work on in regards to my cycling and I like to go into every ride with a goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment