Saturday, February 12, 2011

12.02.011

Today me and my friend Lara rode to the base of Mt cootha along the centenary highway bike path.


I woke up at 5:30 am and got straight up as I was late last week and didn't want her to think i was a tardy person all the time. I ride from my house to hers which is around 5 km, I ride slowly as I was on my new bike and still getting used to it, clipping in and out when I could for practice. When I get to Lara's she was not waiting outside for me like usual, I text and ring her but her phone is often on silent, lucky she can read minds and I was only waiting for 2 minutes, I didn't mind waiting I just wanted her to see I could be on time for once.


I show Lara my new bike and she marvels at its sexiness, Her bike is also very nice. I say hello to Lara's mum who may be the sweetest person in the world, then we start rolling.


We hit the bikeway around 6:45 am as we had a few km's to go uphill before we go onto it, I was strong on the first 5 km, mainly due to Lara being sleepy and me already being warmed up. Then as soon as we got to the bikeway she took the lead and I followed, the centenary bikeway is one of my favourite routes.


It was a successful ride, I was finally on a rode bike and could match her speed. We did the same ride 1 week earlier yet I was on a hybrid bike and trying hard yet not hard enough to keep up to her pace. We don't push ourselves too hard as we still like to chat at times and have fun, yet by then end I am tired and we sit in her kitchen and chat and drink smoothies, This morning we got pancakes from  Mac Donalds which is healthy if you have an orange juice with it.


Here are our ride stats:










I gave blood yesterday morning so I might have been a bit off my A game. It was the first time I've ever given blood, it was exciting, I think i'll give it more often. I've never had a serious Illness before and I feel for people who go through that pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment